I saw this Deja Vu Meme on Meeta‘s site saying she’d assign a letter to whoever wanted to play and since I apparently have nothing better to write about, I asked for a letter. She gave me the letter T.
Here’s how it works: Write ten words that start with the letter you are assigned and a brief description of why you chose that particular word.
If you too have writer’s block and want to play along just say so in the comments. I’ll assign you a letter in my comments and there ya go!
The letter T
- Thomas. Which is my maiden name – a pretty common one – especially when paired with my first name Linda. I’m married to a Dave and we know another Linda and Dave couple – turns out the other Linda’s maiden name is Thomas too. Weird.
- Train-wreck. Which is probably what this post will turn into.
- Telepathy. The ability to tell what someone else is feeling or thinking. I totally believe in this, especially between people who care about each other.
- Taboo. Off limits, or forbidden. Also a fun game to test your vocabulary skills. This used to be a very popular perfume, of course they misspelled it TABU. Why would you want a perfume name that meant off limits?
- Technorati Tags. A clever way to boost hits on your site.
- Tape. One of the two things in our house that will disappear if not hidden from the kids. The other being scissors.
- Tara. The hill of kings in Ireland, but perhaps a better description would be Gerald O’Hara’s words from Gone With The Wind: “Do you mean to tell me, Katie Scarlett O’Hara, that Tara, that land doesn’t mean anything to you? Why, land is the only thing in the world worth workin’ for, worth fightin’ for, worth dyin’ for, because it’s the only thing that lasts.”
- Thrifty. Not the cheap, frugal, stingy kind of thrifty – I’m talking Thrify Drug Stores which always brings to mind the one in my home town of Goleta where a dime could get you two scoops of cylindrically shaped ice cream stacked on top of each other.
- Tigger. “Tee-eye-double-guh-RRRR” My absolute favorite cartoon character, voiced by the very cool Paul Winchell, who also was the voice of the Scrubbing Bubbles.
- Through. Done. Complete. Finished. Ta Dah!