I sometimes get obsessesed with things…. getting healthy, my kids theatre productions, beer… and I like to share my obsessions with the bloggy world!
Well, I have a new obsession – Infographics. If you don’t know what an Infographic is, or what it is used for, allow me to count the ways!
- It is a graphic visual representation of information, data or knowledge. These graphics present complex information quickly and clearly. (This dry boring definition is courtesy of Wikipedia)
- It is a lovely picture that can make dry boring facts seem infinitely more interesting.
- It is a way to make sense of incomprehensible information.
- It is a way to say paragraphs, when you’d otherwise be limited to 140 characters
- It’s a little like a comic book in the way that you read them
- They are entertaining
- They are pretty and creative
- There isn’t anything you can say that can’t be said better with an Infographic
- You will draw people’s attention much faster with an Infographic than you will with text.
- and, when all else fails in explaining things… use a picture… or Infographic!